Pages






Most
Recent Posts

The Countdown Begins...

 Less than 24 hours before the fun starts!!!


Our Thanksgiving Feast is pretty basic: Turkey, Potatoes, green salad, stuffing, rolls, and dessert.


Thursdays Schedule:


  8:00 am - remove 13lb. turkey from fridge and let reach room temperature


 9:20 am - pre-heat roaster.( I ♥ cooking my turkey in an electric roaster. This frees up my oven for other baking and also my turkey comes out so juicy)

  9:30 am - season turkey and begin roasting at 400° 
                -set out butter to start softening


10:00 am - turn turkey down to 350°
                - cook pies
                - set dining table


12:00 noon - turn turkey up to 400°
                   - make green salad
                   - start boiling potatoes


12:30 pm - Turkey is done!!! Remove and place on serving platter
                - cook stuffing
                - warm rolls
                - make gravy using turkey drippings
                - mash potatoes
                
1:00 pm - Dinner is ready!!! Eat and Enjoy!!!


1:30pm - clean up and play games and visit the rest of the day!


NOTE: Have you ever noticed that preparing Thanksgiving Dinner takes hours and hours of preparation, but in less than 30 minutes it's all eaten and over...lol   I guess the key is to make the preparation time FUN too!


Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Thanksgiving Dinner Pictures, Images and Photos


Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. That is so true. But so worth it all. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Becky Jane ...Big hugs from Arkansas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how well you have this planned out. We had Thanksgiving a while ago but I am in the planning stages for Christmas and a schedule is a MUST.
    I hope you have a wonderful one! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving!!! I hope you enjoy your day : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am stopping by to wish you a happy Thanksgiving!
    You schedule looks great. I don't have a schedule planned we are just winging it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true so true. But I've decided the journey is the best part.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great feast! Congrats on being a featured member on Vboks.

    Julie from Just Jules

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could say that it went this well. But having the oven free to bake and cook other items sounds fantastic. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Due to spam, Anonymous comments will not be posted.