Pages






Most
Recent Posts

Joseph's Arch - A Place for Meditation




Of all the special children's gardens in Sweet Memories, (see tab at the top of my blog for more info.), Woody's Arch is one of the few that I can access with my wheelchair.  When I enter, I feel like I'm entering a secret, special place all of my own!



It has become a place to escape, and meditate on the simpler creations that surround me.  
One day I was sitting here just being quiet and listening.  All of the sudden a movement in the wood chips next to the sidewalk where I was sitting caught my eye.  Something was under there wiggling and squiggling.  I couldn't see what it was so I waited and watched.  Before long a pill bug emerged and went on his merry way.  I soon began seeing all kinds of movement going on under the wood chips...movement that had been there all along but I had never noticed!

Last autumn brought the most beautiful colors to Woody's Arch...Virginia Creeper covers the arch that my father and sons built for me.  This vine is considered by some to be too invasive, but it brings such beauty to our Sweet Memories Garden and becomes the focal point!

As I sat here in the autumn, the sound of trickling water from Chip's Pond and the falling of leaves brought a calming peace and assurance that God is mindful of even me.  He has given me this lovely garden to enjoy and I am surrounded by his creations!  "...all things denote there is a God; yea even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it." (Alma 30:44, The Book of Mormon, Another Testament of Jesus Christ).




In the foreground of the above photo, you can see Chip's Pond.  This is a place of constant motion, not only from the fountain, but birds, our cat's, and the dreaded hornets come here to drink.  Chip's Pond is visible from Woody's Arch an I have enjoyed the view. Even the hornets, which we are infested with, don't seem so threatening!

Below is a view from behind the fence, looking through the arch into Sweet Memories Garden.  I hope you have enjoyed your visit!  You're welcome to stop by any time and rest yourself!











1 comment:

Due to spam, Anonymous comments will not be posted.