Todays Monday post: Moving Madness!
Our house went from THIS
- Friday - Got word that we will be moving in 7 days instead of 3 months.
- Saturday - Kids were given the job of dividing their stuff into 2 sections. Section 1 was to be stored in a storage unit. Section 2 was what they could take to the motel.
- Sunday - A day of rest and saying goodbye to our church family.
- Monday - Searching for a place to live. Nothing for rent that would accommodate my special needs. 5 ladies from my church family came to help me pack and clean. Dinner was delivered to us by a neighbor.
- Tuesday - Closed on the sale of our house. 2 ladies came to help pack and clean. Dinner delivered to us by a friend.
- Wednesday - Registered at a motel to live for the next 3-4 months while our new house is being built. 5 ladies came to help pack and clean. Another delicious meal delivered.
- Thursday - Entire house packed and ready for storage with the help of 4 ladies and friends delivered dinner!
- Friday - With the help of 3 men, CL was able to fill the U-Haul and get a load delivered to the storage unit. Dinner delivered again!
- Saturday - 20 men, boys, and girls showed up at 8am to help. They filled the U-Haul and a pick-up truck with our stuff and delivered it to the storage unit.
NOTE: all the ladies that helped and the dinners delivered where done by different women from my Church family. Each day new friends showed up to help. Our Ward (Congregation) Relief Society President coordinated the helpers and the meals. It was awesome!
- Saturday Evening - Spent the evening figuring out how 5 of us were going to live in 1 motel room...where were we going to put our clothes and items we needed? We found out that life can become very simple when necessity says so! Went out to Cracker Barrel for dinner and to unwind!
Next Monday I'll share some "choice" quotes that were expressed during our frantic move!