Pages






Most
Recent Posts

Name That Room CONTEST

Do you have names for your rooms?


In our old house, we had names for all the rooms.  Some were generic and some were more original...

  • Family Room = Rose Room
  • Book shelves and bench area = Reading Nook
  • My office = My Studio
  • Basement = Pit of Despair



Now that we're building our new house, I have one room that I can't name.  It encompasses the dining and tv/fireplace rooms.  






Lots of people would call it the Great Room, or Family Room, but I want something more unique and creative so I'm offering a CONTEST.  Who ever comes up with a cool name for this room will win a fun gift I picked up at Cracker Barrel. 


The flooring is natural maple. Decor colors are: blue and white willow ware, apple red boot bench and vintage toys, couch and chairs are upholstered in espresso brown.


If you have any suggestions, please enter them in the comment box below.  You can submit as many names as you want.  The winner will be picked May 18th. 


Thanks for your help!

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like my kind of room. My first random thoughts were: "Relax and Unwind" or "The Mocha Willow room" Or my favorite off the top of my head, because of all the beautiful colors you are using, is "The Color me Cozy room" Can't wait till you get to move it and show us all your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. That's tough without seeing it. Thinking of the vintage toy collection, you could call it the Retro Room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm.... I might have to think on this one. A couple of things come to mind

    Majestic Refuge

    Chapmans Haven Or Chapmans Little Haven

    Tranquility Room

    Serenity Retreat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to give this some thought. It sounds lovely, can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't really see the room on the diagram. Also it would be good if I knew what you are going to use the room for and what you will be doing in it. Maybe you could tell us a bit more in an upcoming post. I love the Cracker Barrel gift shop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The chilling with the family room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that's exciting! My mind is blank right now, but I'll be back once I've come up with something :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a awesome room. I can't think of anything right now but if I do I will return.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh fun! I planned on naming our rooms too with tagalog words each but it's really hard to think of beautiful words in tagalog that will be easy for hubby to pronounce haha so until now, our rooms are unnamed!

    This particular room is quite difficult to name as it has different independent zones. Anyways, here are some of the names I thought of:

    The Cuddle Room (because of the couch and fireplace... it'll be nice to cuddle in this room :-D)
    The Hot Chocolate Room (Well, because of the brown colors all over and the fireplace...)
    The Chow and Curl Up Room (Dining area is the chow and the area with couch, books, tv and fireplace all give me thoughts of curling up (alone or with dear ones) with a book or just being there and enjoying the place ;-)


    Maybe if you have a chaise lounge in the room you can name it Chow and Chaise Room for more fun

    That's all I can think of for now :-D

    Spanish Pinay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's my thought...The Gathering Room, I know it's a bit old fashioned, but it's the place where the Chapman Clan will gather for holidays, celebrations, prayer and time together...Wherever you gather, there is LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Submissions from Chrissy Dymock on my Facebook:
    I couldn't get my entries to post on your blog so I thought I'd post them here.
    Naming the room: The Assembly Hall
    The Coliseum;
    Broadway;
    Landing Strip;
    The Elbow-Room (get it?);
    The Board Room;
    The Depot;
    Grand Chapman Station (The Station for short);
    Hangout Hamlet;
    The Family Pad.

    ReplyDelete

Due to spam, Anonymous comments will not be posted.