Pages






Most
Recent Posts

Fear





Here is my post for this hop:


Moroni and his father, Mormon are two of my favorite Book of Mormon prophets. They lived in a time of turmoil and war. They are separated by a fierce war which lead to the entire destruction of their people. They were both Generals leading the people in their companies to battle. Mormon is writing a letter to his son, and makes this profound statement, “…Behold, I speak with boldness, having authority from God; and I fear not what man can do; for perfect love casteth out all fear.” ( Moroni 8:16).


Although these Prophets knew their people would be destroyed, here is a father testifying of Gods perfect love and how it can cast away all fear. Early this morning, I was lying in bed and my mind started wondering. Today is my kids 2nd day back to school. Jr High and High school can be full of temptations and evils. My mind began focusing on all the 'wars' that will surround my kids at school. The more my mind wondered the more anxious I was for my children’s spiritual safety.


Once I realized what was happening, a wonderful thing happened. I said a little prayer, turning my kids over to the Lord while they were at school and asked Him to help them be strong against the evils they would face. After closing my prayer, all fear left and I was able to fall back to sleep!



Welcome to Sister to Sister, a time every Thursday for Christian women to connect from the heart. Life is challenging and beautiful, most importantly it's meant to be shared. I've been inspired by many women, including you! Hearing stories of hope in hard times, joy in the every day, and freedom from fear lifts my heart!

Sister to Sister is the opportunity for you to write words of truth and honesty that bring encouragement to other sisters. It may be a personal story, a lesson God is teaching, or scripture you'd like to share. Be creative, be expressive, be real.

"He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love." Ephesians 4:16


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becky Jane, I read your posts and really loved them. Very inspirational. More blessings to you and your family.
    Kathy
    Visiting from Christian Moms blog hop
    http://mommygrowingup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Due to spam, Anonymous comments will not be posted.