* Ezekiel 7:26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. (KJV)
* Luke 2:27 And he, (Simeon) came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law, ...(KJV)
We have a new temple being built just a few miles from our home! it will be such a blessing!
This is where it will be built
This is a drawing of what it will look like
The ordinances performed in Holy Temples are:
- Baptism for the Dead. This is where we are baptized in behalf of someone who was not able to be baptized before they died. It is a proxy ordinance.
- Eternal Marriage and Sealing. We believe that when a couple are married/sealed in the Holy Temple by a man holding the proper Priesthood authority, this husband and wife can be together for eternity if they keep their covenants. Their children are sealed to them for eternity also.
- Special Saving Ordinances performed in the temple necessary for our salvation. We make promises to God and He also promises to bless us if we keep those promises.
Please click HERE to see what the excitement is all about!