Pages






Most
Recent Posts

Our Cottage - Entryway





















I like to draw things out on paper so I can get a feel for what I want...here's my initial drawing



















Finished product, shows the heirloom cabinet my aunt made for my mother, and the last calligraphy art piece I did before my hands got too misshapen and sore from the arthritis.






















Close up of my last art piece...some of you might recognize the scripture. It played an important part in the restoration of the LDS church in the 1800's, and holds a special place in my own life.


A family tradition started by my mom was putting together puzzles at Christmas time.  This is a painting I really wanted, but couldn't afford, so I found it in puzzle form and now it hangs in the Entryway.  If you look close at the puzzle, you might catch a glimpse of some of the things that are important to me.


























A fun little window I had added to both sides of the entryway. 


















Next is the Fireplace/TV/Shelves...I have had a lot of fun decorating this area!

Photobucket


12 comments:

  1. Wow, your Aunt made that piece of furniture? She did great work.

    How nice and bright your house is. I have one room that is o dark. I don't like it but my Hubs does. I think he would like living in a cave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. I especially like the little window idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The entryway looks great! I used to do calligraphy as a kid, but haven't touched it in years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many things to complement you on today...the cabinet your Aunt made for your mother is a beautiful heirloom...I love your calligraphy, a beautiful scripture. I'm sure this piece holds many special meanings, especially since it was one of your last. And of course the Blue & White pottery. What design is one the plate in the little window?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a building in Ireland. My sister found it at a yardsale for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and very "welcoming". I can't wait until one day when I can see all of this in person. You did a wonderful job decorating your home. I like it when people decorate with meaning full pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it!! your sketch is awesome!! love your house, looks like you've had fun decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the window over the door. Your calligraphy is so neat and special. I bet your kiddos will fight over that piece, too, just like the recipe book!!! HOPE you have a great weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how light and ariy your entry way looks. Your calligraphy art piece is beautiful. I can understand why that scripture is special to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a lovely, welcoming entryway. I always enjoy the special touches that make each home unique and special.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! I love that puzzle picture too! I've collected a few puzzles with plans to do the same thing, but i'm not a fan of putting puzzles together. lol. But I really need to get it done so I can have my "art work". lol.

    ReplyDelete

Due to spam, Anonymous comments will not be posted.