(All my past Motel Monday posts can be viewed HERE.)
Todays Post: We will appreciate...
(NOTE: all of us contributed to this one)
- being able to walk away from the dinner table (having beds and the eating table in the same room is kinda weird; not exactly what I'd call 'breakfast in bed').
- not having the bathroom we ALL use right next to my bed.
- being able to be sick in my own bathroom.
- knowing it's a family member and not a total stranger walking past my bedroom door.
- being able to cook food the way I WANT (not to sound ungrateful, but we are all miss our own cooking).
- doing laundry when we want and not having to do it at the laundromat.
- not having to get a stash of quarters from the bank just so I can wash my laundry.
- having my own space to listen to my music and watch what movies I want (imagine 2 computers and 3 ipads going at the same time in 1 room).
- FOOD in my own NORMAL sized fridge and pantry. (see photo below if you don't believe me. I mean, there's just only so much you can put in there) LOL
As I was posting these comments it occurred to me that every single one of them sound very selfish and rather trivial...and in reality they are. We have been truly blessed to have a place to be safe and warm.
Next weeks post will be about the things we'll miss after moving out of the motel...should be interesting to see what we come up with!